Open

20090307

4½ questions

I live and don't know how long,
I'll die and don't know when,
I am going and don't know where,
I wonder that I am happy.
---Martinus von Biberach




Data: I once had what could be considered a crisis of the spirit.

Worf: You?
Data: Yes. The Starfleet officers who first activated me on Omicron Theta told me I was an android - nothing more than a sophisticated machine with human form. However, I realized that if I was simply a machine, I could never be anything else; I could never grow beyond my programming. I found that difficult to accept. So I chose to believe...that I was a person; that I had the potential to be more than a collection of circuits and subprocessors. It is a belief which I still hold.
Worf: How did you come to your decision?
Data: I made...a leap of faith.

0 drinks at this table:

Post a Comment