Open

20090731

Beer Summit

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I've always had the greatest respect for the Wulfshead's Librarian. And the fact that I never bothered visiting the Wulfshead library when he was the only one in charge as assiduously as I am now ever since his young assistant took over has nothing to do with anthropocentrism.


Surely challenging anthropocentrism, in all its guises, must be integral to all initiatives aimed at promoting the strength and equity of all sentient species on the planet. I have always believed that what brings us together is stronger than what pulls us apart, and so I am happy that the librarian and I were given that opportunity to have a cordial talk, both over the beers and a bottle of Pacharan that Quinty kindly had had specially ordered for us in prevision of the event.

I am confident over what has happened here tonight, and I am hopeful that all of us are able to draw a positive lesson from this episode.

0 drinks at this table:

Post a Comment