Open

20090705

We’re having a great time: food, wine, a little personal abuse, and the universe going foom.

I was looking for a transcript of the title quote for a post of my own, and while reading through the radio play, I came across the following passage that I felt my fellow Wulfshead patrons would enjoy:
GARKBIT:
If you would care to order drinks…

ZAPHOD:
Kerpow! Splat! Er…

GARKBIT:
Sir?

ZAPHOD:
And here we are…

TRILLIAN:
Yeah.

ZAPHOD:
…lying dead…

TRILLIAN:
Standing.

ZAPHOD:
Er, standing dead, in this, er, desolate…

ARTHUR:
Restaurant.

ZAPHOD:
Standing dead in this…

ARTHUR:
…Five Star…

ZAPHOD:
…restaurant.

FORD:
Bit odd, isn’t it?

ZAPHOD:
Er, yeah.

TRILLIAN:
Nice chandeliers though.

ARTHUR:
It’s not so much an afterlife, more a sort of après-vie.

ZAPHOD:
Hey hang about. I think we’re missing something important here, something that somebody just said.

TRILLIAN:
About the chandeliers?

ZAPHOD:
No, something really important. Hey, hey, hey, er, you.

GARKBIT:
Sir.?

ZAPHOD:
Did you say something about… drinks?

GARKBIT:
Certainly sir. If the lady or the gentlemen would care to take drinks before dinner.

ZAPHOD:
Yeah, great!

TRILLIAN:
Yeah

FORD:
Ta-haa!
Milliways, The Wulfshead, they're all just different rooms of the same establishment, aren't they?

2 comments:

  1. Wait until they have their hangovers.... Then they'll really know about standing up dead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oddly, I don't remember any of the HGTTG cast suffering hangovers... they may have, but I don't recall. Interesting, because I think Adams could have really milked that situation.

    ReplyDelete