Open

20100510

What currency is that?


Forgive me, Sir; I was merely inquiring out of idle curiosity. Your money is no good here.

Today, the drinks are on him:

Never regard something as doing you good if it makes you betray a trust...or makes you show ill-will or hypocrisy or a desire for things best done behind closed doors.
---Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

What can I say, Sir? Marcus Aurelius' Meditations are still revered to this day as a literary monument to a government of service and duty.

Who wouldn't drink to that?

He was the last of the "Five Good Emperors," you know.

Speaking of service and duty, I understand that Glenn Greenwald will be on Rachel Maddow's show tonight at 9:00 p.m. (EDT) to discuss Elena Kagan's nomination.

Er... Sir?

What is that the gentleman is toasting with?


Please, don't tell me it's water!

0 drinks at this table:

Post a Comment