Open

20091007

Praying for Armageddon?

-
 
I know what you are thinking...

When did Christianity become such a culture of death?

Actually, The World Aflame is not what you think, and the author has more in common with Neil Gaiman's Sandman than with Choronzon---or the end-times Apocalyptic Fundamentalist Christians (hard to tell them apart from Choronzon, these days) .


Choronzon and Dream - A hope in Hell (Neil Gaiman)

In truth, there is very little I really know about the blogger other than the blog itself. The author sure strikes me as a person of refined taste, though. And a passionate soul.

I don't know how serious our bartender is with this honest scrap award business but I submit that The World Aflame belongs onto the list.

The Wulfshead sure could use some of that fire.

I would have invited the author over, but The World Aflame has no email listed.
-

2 comments:

  1. And, er, none of this new found interest would have anything to do with this affection of yours for desert wines now, would it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Desert wine?

    :))

    "This desert rose
    Each of her veils, a secret promise...
    "

    Nah...nothing so poetic ;-)

    Though I must say:

    "This fire burns."

    You know how it is:

    "I realize that nothing's as it seems"

    Yet...

    "I dream of rain
    I dream of gardens in the desert sand...
    "

    ReplyDelete