Open

20100827

"I'm a liberal"

"I'm confused when that became a bad word..."



"...the liberal movement morally, you know, has stood on the right side of an awful lot of issues. We thought that blacks should be allowed to sit at the front of the bus and women should be able to vote, McCarthy was wrong, Vietnam was a mistake."
---George Clooney, Larry King Live, 02/16/2006

"My dad, who went after OPEC for raising gas prices and Gerald Ford for pardoning Richard Nixon, believed it's your responsibility---not just your right---to question authority."
---George Clooney, 2005

The choice is clear:



I'd vote for him in a heartbeat.

About the possibility of him ever running for office, Clooney has said: "Run for office? No. I've slept with too many women, I've done too many drugs, and I've been to too many parties."

And that's a real shame---not the part about the women, the drugs and the parties, but the fact that he won't run.

As Kin Hubbard said..."we'd all like to vote for the best man, but he's never a candidate."

0 drinks at this table:

Post a Comment