Open

20110106

Tis the season to be jolly . . .




Here we go, folks, Season of the Witch (starring Nicholas Cage, Ron Perlman, and Claire Foy) will be now playing tonight "at a theater near you".

Prior to its release, Reuters reported that the anticipated movie had "critics wondering if it will be a hit or miss for an actor [Cage] who divides audiences and exasperates even his most loyal fans."

Most reviews thus far have been devastating: 8% on the Tomatometer, as of January 6.

OK, so you've been warned: clearly, that movie is not for everyone.



Just that. Nothing more.

Nothing to go postal about.

Did I mention Claire Foy is starring in it?

Actually, inasmuch as the quality of the movies in which Nicholas Cage has been featured is concerned, I must say that after The Sorcerer's Apprentice, or that terrible, terrible remake of The Wicker Man before that, my expectations have been running pretty low lately. Way low.

Still, I take comfort in some of the rare positive reviews of Season of The Witch I was able to find, such as this one:



In other words, if Tom Huddleston is to be believed, Season of the Witch sounds like fun---provided one is properly inebriated.

I intend to take his advice and I have taken measures already to prepare myself accordingly.

Bartender? Another one!

I don't have much time, the movie is playing tonight, at 12:01 am, at a theater near The Wulfshead, and so, I'll be catching it---at the Witching Hour, as it should be.

I don't care if I never come back.

Did I mention the movie is starring Claire Foy?



She'd look good, even without that £1,265 Missoni minidress.

Or the £359 Boss Black Buckle sandals.

Or perhaps, she could maybe just keep the sandals on, and...ahem...huh...er...

Anyway, as I was saying, the movie's going to be idiotic, of course. But here I am, I have already purchased my ticket.

(Keep them coming, Bartender!)

What can I say?



The Devil made me do it.

2 comments:

  1. And say hello to Christine O'Donnell for me while you're at it. Now I wonder where she drinks?

    ReplyDelete