Open

20090901

FOR DOG LOVERS ONLY.......










I am a serious dog lover. While cruising the internets for fun stuff to reproduce on Friday's Dog Day I came across this touching little tale. I thought it worthy of sharing over a drink or two...









Dear God, please send me somebody who'll care!
I'm tired of running, I'm sick with despair.
My body is aching, it's so racked with pain,
and dear God I pray, as I run in the rain.
That someone will love me and give me a home,
a warm cozy bed and a big juicy bone.

My last owner tied me all day in the yard
Sometimes with no water, and god that was hard.
So I chewed my leash, and God I ran away.
To rummage in garbage and live as a stray.
But now God, I'm tired and hungry and cold,
and I'm so afraid that I'll never grow old.

They've chased me with sticks and hit me with stones,
while I run the streets just looking for bones!
I'm not really bad, God, please help if you can,
or I have become just a "Victim of Man!"
I'm wormy dear God and I'm ridden with fleas,
and all that I want is an Owner to please!

If you find one for me God, I'll try to be good,
and I won't chew their shoes, and I'll do as I should.
I'll love them, protect them and try to obey....
when they tell me to sit, to lie down or to stay!
I don't think I'll make it too long on my own,
cause I'm getting so weak and I'm so all alone.

Each night as I sleep in the bushes I cry,
cause I'm so afraid God, that I'm gonna die.
And I've got so much love and devotion to give,
that I should be given a new chance to Live!
So dear God, please answer my prayer,
and send me someone who will REALLY care..

That is, Dear God, if YOU'RE REALLY there!

Author Unknown....

7 comments:

  1. Yup, life can offer some unpleasant surprises.

    When I was a little kid a baby turtle somehow got out of its bowl and disappeared. I prayed and prayed and prayed to God to bring it back.

    It probably just died and my parents flushed it down the toilet. I've been an atheist ever since.

    (Well, actually no, more an agnostic. Has it ever occurred to you, as I'm sure it may have, that if there is one subject in the world which is really stupid to fight about it's religion? Since nobody really knows what the answer is and to proceed on the powerful conviction of one's faith in order to smash nonbelievers, or those who see things differently, is totally unhinged? Yet the human race has spent much of its time and energy in just such pursuits. We, the greatest peoples - Americans, that is - who claim superiority over doctrinaire Muslims never heard of Randal Terry (sp?)? These guys are serious nut jobs. Pardon my French. But they aid and abet and encourage the murder of doctors who perform abortions based on nothing more than religious grounds (and the numerous rationalizations they fiercely cling to.) The whole healthcare issue has brought up some unintentionally funny stuff. Such as Michelle Bachman, a staunch "pro-lifer" telling government to keep its hands off her body. Etc.

    I hope the dog finds a home, with the intercession of the Divine or not.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unabashed severe doggie lover here.
    If I had the $$$ & the room I'd have a house FULL of poochies. Big ones though, I like the larger breeds.

    Lovely yet sad peom... but if I had my way I'd change all the "God" to "Goddess".
    Unabashed severe Pagan doggie lover here.
    ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am also a Pagan dog lover as well as an atheist, or maybe, like Quinty, an agnostic. Maybe I am afraid that being an atheist will have consequences. As to the dogs, I have seven;three of them rescues.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lucky dogs. They don't have to worry about such things. Religion, that is.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If a dog doesn't believe in religion, or ever think about it, can he go to Hell?

    What an unpleasant surprise it might be for a dog to die and discover such things exist. And what can a dog do to go to Hell? Bite a postman? Attack a child?

    Do good, faithful dogs all go to Heaven? It seems the stakes are not very high, unlike human beings who have a real responsibility. A terrible responsibility and can end up in Hell for all kinds of things. We certainly are in the big league in that regard. With all kinds of terrible sins and penalties, hell fires, the threat of spending eternity in agony. Can all that happen to a poor dog?

    There's an old Spanish ditty regarding this which I rather like, which goes like this.....

    El que se nave pobre y feo,
    y se casa y no es querido,
    si se muere y va al Infierno,
    valiente juerga ha corrido!

    He who is born poor and ugly,
    and marries and isn't loved,
    if when he dies he should go to Hell,
    what a valiant spree he has run!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Quinty you are one impressive personality. I would love to buy you a drink right now and have a discussion about whether all dogs go to heaven.....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah, imagine that little doggie up there, in the photo, roasting in Hell for peeing on the neighbor's flowers or barking at all the school kids passing by. Just for following its doggie manner. Does that seem right?

    ...................................

    I think I could turn and live with animals, they are so placid and self-contain’d;
     
    I stand and look at them long and long.
     
    They do not sweat and whine about their condition;
     
    They do not lie awake in the dark and weep for their sins;
     
    They do not make me sick discussing their duty to God;
     
    Not one is dissatisfied—not one is demented with the mania of owning things;
     
    Not one kneels to another, nor to his kind that lived thousands of years ago;
     
    Not one is respectable or industrious over the whole earth.

    Walt Whitman

    ReplyDelete