Open

20090915

An incredible coincidence...

Recently we went to visit friends in Plymouth Massachusetts. They took us to visit The National Monument to the Forefathers. The statue stands 81 feet tall. It's quite impressive. Imagine my delight when I took a picture of it and some trick of light or water caused this to show up on it...



When I first saw the picture I was intrigued. Everything I read about lens flash, etc. didn't seem to apply to the environment that the picture was taken in. The sky was overcast with no sun, there was no flash and it wasn't raining. Of course I have since discovered that it was most likely chromatic aberration, but regardless of what caused it, I think it's interesting.

Here is a close up....beautiful isn't it?



I always appreciate the hidden beauty in things and this picture was like receiving a small gift.

0 drinks at this table:

Post a Comment