Open

20100428

In my fucking city!?

Seattle police are investigating hate graffiti found at the Georgetown offices of a Seattle community group whose most prominent member, 11-year-old Marcelas Owens, stood as a symbol for health care reform.


Members of the Washington Community Action Network who arrived at their offices Sunday morning to plan a May 1 march found the tires of a Honda Civic slashed and the words "Rahowa 88" written on the car's window.

The Anti-Defamation League said Rahowa means "racial holy war" and that 88 means "Heil Hitler."


The vandals struck sometime Saturday night or Sunday morning.

Leaders of Washington CAN! said the incident strengthens their resolve.


A police spokesman said department's bias crimes unit will review the case.

1 comment:

  1. They are among us. And they are everywhere.

    I could easily become smug and say, told ya’ so. But I lived in the San Francisco Bay Area for many years. And remember once walking toward the Ashby BART in Berkeley when about a dozen cultists suddenly sprang out of the bushes and began to exorcise me on the sidewalk, chanting, and rattling, and jumping up and down. They were prepared for me alright, for when I threw them an appalled indignant look and tried to say something they merely rattled their gourds a little harder, and pranced around a little more furiously, and raised their chanting voices to drown mine out.

    I have no idea what they said, it was all gibberish to me. But when I got home later on I closely examined myself to see if any devils were still lodged or hiding deep in there within me. And if these Berkeley exorcists had done a good job? Looks like they did, or at least I thought at the time they did. For no new devilish spirits took over and I renounced cigarettes, beer, sex, breathing, getting up in the morning, going out, sleeping, eating, socializing, work and all the other impure vices I had so long clung to. And when I came home from my girlfriend’s house in Berkeley in the early morning, catching BART at the Ashby station, no longer stopped at the little restaurant on Telegraph for Eggs Benedict, which, until then, had always been a pleasant way of starting the day on top of some good sex.

    But that was Berkeley. Unfortunately, there doesn't appear to be too many groups like that who are willing to spring out of the bushes and exorcise a passerby, for his own good, of course. To drive the evil spirits out. We have to be satisfied today with mere Tea Baggers, and the like. Maybe Second Amendment types who carry their guns around. Good sane enterprises like that. Nothing crazy or stupid, of course.

    ReplyDelete